Thursday, April 30, 2015

The start of something new

This is my very first blog entry.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Susan Zuhlsdorf. I live in beautiful South Dakota, USA. I am married to a wonderful man, Nik, and we have 3 children. Logan is 6, Hayden is 3 1/2, & Hadley is 18 months.
I was born & raised in South Dakota, although for 3 years Nik & I lived in the Peoria, IL area. It's a beautiful place & the people are kind hearted, neighborly, & fun!
This chapter in my life is changing. My husband just started his own business & since 2009 I have been a stay at home mom for my children. Right now we are struggling to get by. Starting a business is hard. You don't know when or if you will see a paycheck. We literally just got the paperwork back from the state telling us we officially have a business.
Because money is tight I am also starting a new journey of opening my own daycare. This SCARES me. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt that I am able to do it. I just don't know what my routine should be, how to keep the kids happy, make sure they don't destroy my house, keep my sanity, & keep parents happy as well. It's a lot to take on. Especially when your husband is working until 8 pm or later (which happens a lot because he's dedicated to making sure things are done RIGHT). Not only do I get to spend every day with little bugs & butterflies shaping them into the adults they will become, but I will do it by myself even after the daycare kids go home.
Right now is especially crazy because Logan has baseball 4-5 nights a week & Hayden has gymnastics one night a week. Most nights after we eat supper, I tell Logan & Hayden to get pajamas on, teeth brushed, & in bed while I put Hadley to sleep. It's not ideal. I wish I could sit down & read books to all of them. To give them momma time, but Logan wakes up at 6:30 to get on the bus for school & he needs to get to bed so he's not a bear in the morning. :)
So I've started this blog to try & record my crazy life. We have a new chapter of change that will be for the better. God has a plan & He will guide us through! It won't always be funny! It may get a little boring at times. I may be typing with tears rolling down my face. But I can guarantee that I will keep it real.
Thanks for reading!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment